The core purpose of Aitchison College is to help boys become leaders. We strive to instill four essential qualities in each boy:
Interwoven within these qualities are high expectations:
- Attainment at a high level in one’s chosen academic programmes.
- An awareness of healthy habits and the importance of fitness gained through a full and active sporting programme.
- Attainment of self-awareness, teamwork and strength through humility. This is encouraged by active participation in extracurricular and community service opportunities.
- An ability to relate to others with tolerance, respect and consideration whatever their beliefs and attitudes.
- Adoption of an ethical and moral set of values: understanding right from wrong, handling success and disappointment and accepting that one's actions have consequences.
Our Curriculum places strong emphasis on what we term ‘Essential Core Skills’:
- Literacy (reading, writing, speaking and listening in English and Urdu and a foreign language –Classical or Modern)
- Digital Literacy
- Meta Cognition or Enrichment Studies
We encourage boys to express themselves and benefit from a variety of additional interests and specializations that make for a well-rounded young person. These may include:
Music, Art, Drama, Humanities, Accounting, Business, Economics, Law, Sociology, and the national studies of Islamiat and Pakistan Studies. Added to these are 22 clubs and societies that further enrich the mind and interest of boys.
We strive to instill Leadership Attributes by encouraging boys of all ages to:
- Contribute positively to community
- Apply knowledge with compassion
- Solve problems collaboratively
- Solve problems creatively
- Make ‘just’ choices
- Face challenges with determination
These attributes prepare boys not only for success at a top university, but they learn the fundamentals of self-discipline that underpins effective leadership for a Better World.